“What Can I Do TODAY to Bring Jean Home?”
FIVE Actions YOU Can Take to Bring Jean Home:
(1) ***CONTACT these Six ICE People EVERY DAY:***
1. John Morton, Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security for ICE: 202-732-3000 OR John.Morton@dhs.gov
2. David Venturella, Acting Head of Detention and Removal in DC: 202-732-3100 OR David.Venturella@dhs.gov
3. Carlos Odio, Staff for President Obama at the White House: 202-503-5712
4. Christopher Shanahan, NY ICE Field Office Director: 212-264-5085 OR 212-264-4213, fax 212-264-9210 OR Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
5. John Tsoukaris, Acting NY ICE Field Office Director (when Mr. Shanahan is out of the office): 212-264-5085 or by cell at 202-528-5318
6. Raymond Simonse, Acting NY ICE Field Office Director (when Mr. Shanahan is out of the office): 212-264-5085 or by cell at 973-332-9547
(2) Circulate our online sign-on letter and petition to friends, family, colleagues:
Online sign-on letter to ICE Assistant Secretary John Morton and to DHS – https://secure2.convio.net/afsc/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=301&autologin=true&AddInterest=1281
(3) Recruit support from organizations you know.
(a) Sign-on to our organizational statement
Organizational Sign-on Statement in Support of Jean Montrevil:
“We, the undersigned organizations, support the campaign to free human rights advocate and nationally renowned immigrant rights leader Jean Montrevil. We call upon Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) to immediately release Mr. Montrevil from detention, grant him deferral of removal and return him to his family in Brooklyn. Mr. Montrevil entered the U.S. from Haiti in 1986 as a legal permanent resident. ICE is trying to de-legalize him for a 1989 drug conviction, for which he served 11 years. He has kept an exemplary record ever since. Mr. Montrevil is married to a U.S. citizen and has four U.S. citizen children who need him here to raise them and provide for their well being. In Mr. Montrevil’s case we recognize the struggles of millions of families who are ensnared in the devastating realities of a broken immigration system. We affirm the need for greater discretion in the immigration system that will keep families together. We will continue to fight for such reforms in the name of Mr. Montrevil and the millions like him across the nation until all families win justice.”
*Send names of endorsing organizations to Steven at email@example.com*
*We ask organizations to also send a letter to ICE in the spirit of the above statement. Please send letter to:*
1. John Morton, Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security for ICE – John.Morton@dhs.gov
2. David Venturella, Acting Head of Detention and Removal in DC – David.Venturella@dhs.gov
3. Christopher Shanahan, NY ICE Field Office Director – Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org and fax 212-264-9210
AND send us a copy at email@example.com or fax #212 995 0844.
(b) Email/Fax ICE a letter from their organization…and send us a copy of their letter too.
(3) Post supportive comments on the online articles about Jean. Article links are posted at https://newsanctuarynyc.wordpress.com/ (scroll down to the bottom).
(4) Volunteer. Please contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646 395 2925.